It is important to know when you may need counseling. If you are currently experiencing feelings or engaging in behaviors that cause distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning, counseling may help you.
Some examples may include:
- Missing work or not performing well at work because you feel depressed or anxious
- Constantly fighting with your partner
- Crying uncontrollably all of the time after the loss of a loved one
- Continuing to engage in behaviors you want to stop
- Feeling like you cannot communicate well with others
- Having low self-esteem and/or lacking assertiveness skills
- Constantly feeling stressed about work or worrying about work related issues
- Having a difficult time managing stress or adjusting to a change in your life
Please see conditions we treat for more information.